Old Royal Adelaide Hospital Ideas Competition, SA, 2013
Troppo submitted an entry the Old Royal Adelaide Hospital Ideas Competition in 2013.
It wasn’t much loved by the judges – but we think has much to say about:
- Karrawirraparri – interfacing with our river’s floodplain
- North Terrace – opening up and reclaiming the Parklands to reconnect with North Terrace (that great verandah on our State) – and Ayers House (again)
- Botanic Gardens – allowing for their expansion
- Frome Street – which we propose to pedestrianse to link with the learning precinct that are our Universities
- Maybe we build over upper (City) Frome Street (which was never in the Colonel’s plan), rather the ‘develop’ the Parklands!
- A new cultural icon – the Message Stick – which can house a National Gallery for Aboriginal Art, and tell stories of our City from an Indigenous and contact history perspectives
- Whitefella heritage – a couple of sweet listed buildings to keep and house public space, perhaps for an Adelaide Museum